Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hi, I have directed you to here because I somewhat want my blog to live past 3 days. So this was me about an hour ago. Minus the daylight, american flag & being a blonde boy. I went out to Los Altos for the first time, Downtown, I believe. I didn't park in a normal parking lot, I parked vertically in this lane but there were signs that said "3 hr parking 8am-6pm" . I parked at 5 pm and went back to my car at 6:30 pm. Well .. my car is  gone. JUST GONE! I first think it got towed and I was being an asian woman driver again. But.. other cars were parked there when I left.. so I realize its stolen. My phone is at 10%, I have a thin blouse with no jacket and so I call the cops. I also thought with the last of my battery I should update my status on FB <-- a little addicted and pathetic.. i think so? .. 3 cop cars in 5 minutes...got to love rich neighborhoods. Sweetest cop tells me to sit down in his warm car while he listens to how my work laptop is there , i was in a hurry, blahblah.  The other cop takes my keys and looks for my car when within 1 minute we all hear a really loud car alarm. The sweet cop says, "Is that your car?" I say, " I don't know what my car alarm sounds like." It is then I realize.. yes, that is my car and holy fucking ballsacks I am a dumbass and my car is right where I left it. Yes, I walked one too many lots over and no I did not think I was ever in the wrong spot. I was mortified, the cop said it looked like I didn't have blonde hair. I told them I was so sorry and they told me it happens all the time, but with older people. This is when I realize that I need to get some more sleep before I lose all my marbles or I better start doing crosswords and sudoku now because I don't want to know what I'm going to be like at 40 let alone 60. 
Oh yeah, if you did respond to my fbook post and I led you here to avoid further status update embarrassment  thank you for offering a ride or giving a crap. You are a good friend & person. 
XOXO, dee

2 comments: