Monday, December 10, 2012

Giving this a shot ..

Welcome to my blog! I've wanted to do this for some time to post my random thoughts & interests. I've been told by  friends  that I have a lot of stories/interesting events that occur and should write a book one day. I probably won't write anything too personal so it may not get very interesting, but we'll see how it goes. Let me first make a disclaimer: I am not a good writer, I write like I talk so this may be very short lived unless I see this thing gets some traffic.haha.  I created this so I can share my life observations,  love for art, music, poetry, fashion, nature, beauty etc. Enjoy.

Music Finds for the Day: 

Tycho- I found them today while looking for concerts that i can go to in the near future. They are coming to THE INDEPENDENT in SF in January. Very mellow & no vocals.
Check them out below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehLx_Fjv_c

Cristina Grimmie- This girl does amazing covers of current pop songs, really talented. She was recently on Dancing with the Stars to perform "Titanium"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA4fdiOqNMw

The XX- I got introduced to these guys today by my friend. Beautiful is pretty much how i would sum it up. The male & female vocalist apparently are best friends from childhood, I thought maybe they were lovers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7IwXWfDW4&playnext=1&list=PL936F73A3C11B5790&feature=results_main

Current Obsession: 

Sia-has been around for some time, for those who don't know her, she is the female vocalist who has paired up with David Guetta for "Titanium" & Flo Rida for "Wild ones."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icr1P_MzYIs

I have two concerts lined up right now that I'm looking forward to: MUSE & Local Natives , both in January. MUSE is amazing live & Local Natives is new to me but def. worth checking out.

Thoughts for the Day:

I guess I am excited this is free & if one person sees this, maybe I didn't waste my night. LOL. Current struggles?    For the first time in awhile , I am not dating or have a boyfriend. I need this more than ever but it doesn't mean I really want it. I'm hoping I do  soon though.. wish me luck!
XOXO
Dee


2 comments: