Thursday, April 18, 2013



I have to say three things right off the bat : my blog is not the happiest  place on earth . two this story is not exaggerated at all (like how some can be) and three: recent events are making me so sad - about society. I know there is good , lots of good and i put my faith in that while i try to understand why things are the way the are. I had an interesting day today , good luck for the most part. I won $100.00 at Victorias Secret at the mall and got to have a nice dinner w my dear friend Rachael who is the sweetest. We had dinner at the mall, a new fusion japanese place they replaced recently. First floor by Macys men. I sat where you can easily see the escalator and people walking around. Rachael had her back to it. We just finished eating, paid and suddenly I saw something that I can't even believe happened right now. An infant, just about 2 years old, crawled onto the escalator and was completely face down legs and arms moving around while the escalator was moving up and up. He was struggling and I seriously fucking ran for it, moving escalator on step 4 or so and swooped him up in my arms. Noone in front of him, noone riding the escalator behind him, im talking noone. NOONE. In my arms he is crying and as I go down the escalator with him I try to see if he can talk or where his mom is, all I say is "Mom?" "Mom?" He is crying and crying and doesn't speak a word. By the time I am down there is still noone to claim him. I look around- side to side , in front  and Rachael shows up and is in shock . She thought I saw someone I knew and just decided to dash for the escalator to say hi. She said next thing she knew I was holding an infant. About 1 minute or less went by and suddenly to my left I see a lady with two kids in a stroller and of the same ethnicity as the child (Mexican) I say, "Is this your child?" Honestly, I was worried, like do I call mall security  to call the police? Is this child neglect? Honestly, I know kids run off for a few seconds and stuff but the time it took for me to go up the escalator and down and still wait .. this wasn't a 5 yr old.. this boy was 2 ... Anyways, as I'm talking to the Aunt, a bigger woman comes up with another baby and she immediately starts to aggressively YELL AT ME!!! "Give me my baby!" I honestly thought for a minute, crap its her baby but is this baby ok? Of course, this was in a very public setting but this lady was big and ghetto. 4 kids and 1 aunt who was like speechless and noone else in public intervened. I was so shaken up and out of breath that I think I just said , " do you know what happened?" To be honest , I don't remember saying that her baby got onto the escalator and was face down on it . I think she thought maybe he just wandered off.. I have no clue cause she was too busy YELLING AT ME. I was in shock.. she then said "He just ran away OK!! " then aggressively asked if Rachael and I had kids and we said "No" She said " Exactly" I'm like WTF... as we are staring and like trying to express anything.. she yells at us " His Dad just died OK!!!" I'm like ok.... I'm sorry but you neglecting your child and going to the mall and the father dying has nothing to do with..wait why are you mad at me?  All I could say was "You're Welcome!!!!" She was so pissed i couldnt believe it. I think she was threatened because she thought I would call the police on her. Honestly it was bad enough where I should've but it was an aggressive situation and I was in shock. There was one guy who saw the whole thing . He was on the other side of the escalator but he didn't do anything because he had his own baby to attend to. When the lady and her 4 children and aunt went off in a hurry, he told me , "That lady is crazy. You shouldn't have saved her baby, she would learn a lesson." I know he probably didn't mean it.. I mean I didn't want a fucking medal but holy crap. If that baby had been on there the whole time it took the mom or aunt to realize the child was gone for like minutes.. something worse physically would've happened or more people wouldve seen it and maybe the mother would've faced some authority. Part of me wishes I did something more but this lady was a crazy bitch. The boy had scratches on his face and all I felt was sadness for this kid. Some people should not be allowed to have children or more children. I get that kids run off but this was not ok. No regrets in getting involved but shame on this mother.. I wonder if she even knew or what made her think it was ok to yell at me when I didn't even claim to report it or anything... seriously sometimes I wonder. Worst than when you offer the homeless food and they don't want it. Bless this little child.
XOXO dee

No comments:

Post a Comment