Thursday, April 18, 2013

http://blog.audriepottfoundation.com/

This national case - Audrie Pott's suicide and rape /cyber bullying hits so close to home for me. I didn't think I would get so absorbed by it but it made me realize that crazy things/bad things can happen anywhere. Audrie went to Saratoga High. I went to Saratoga High...  a school whose reputation is for academics and wealth. Audrie went to a party, parents out of town, got drunk and passed out. Do you want to know how familar this situation is? It's fucking familar to anyone who ever went to a house party in highschool. It could've happened to any of us- these boys were her friends... all 16 yrs old... I can only imagine the pain this family must be going through. The school district seemed to fuck up, the SHS newspaper seems to have been inconsiderate and there are things I read that I can only imagine. This beautiful girl was so ashamed... so hurt and hopeless. I don't know at all what Audrie went through but that feeling where she felt she had no choice or will to live i can understand . Her attempt turned to reality and i want nothing more than for justice to be served for this family and for Audrie. This is not ok , this poor girl was exposed and harassed let alone raped by 3 guys. One of the sheriffs on this case used to be my police academy teacher.. this hits close to me. I'm upset at the district , at the school and im upset at our judicial system. things like gun control and congress and all this other bs not changing because of the system our society has created. This generation is getting worse and worse. So sad and what can you do to save it?

No comments:

Post a Comment