Monday, March 4, 2013

INDIE MOVIE TIME: 
i love indie flicks- they have a certain dry humor, a certain way of feeling very real & a charm that is different from the big hollywood flicks. often, there are little interwoven stories that connect with one another.  don't get me wrong, i love the mainstream flicks  but I can't get enough of the indie scene: call me hipster , i call you fucker :)  jk..thanks for visiting !! XOXOXOXO

Making this dumb simple and straight to the point for you guys : YES or NO to watch & my 2 cents. 

1) Tiny Furniture- YES , directed by Lena Dunham, same actor & director of HBO "Girls" if you like that, you will like this movie.

2) Compliance- NO , better to read the true details online -  this is based on the true story of the disturbing incident of what happened at a Mc Donalds . Guy posed as a policeman on the phone and the manager allowed sexual acts to be committed to the employee- shows human need to submit to authority.

3) Perks of being a Wallflower- YES, based off the critically acclaimed book, this is a sweet film- power to the awkward kids :)

4) Safety Not Guaranteed-  NO, dry humor at moments funny but overall dragged on and fell short. About a newspaper team who want to follow the story of a man who believes he can time travel.

5) Save the Date- YES, funny and heartfelt , reminded me of my sister & I. the challenges of love & the interesting twists life can take.

6) The Sessions - YES, i wrote about this before and I def. recommend it. Based on true story of sex surrogate and  a severely disabled man.

7) Someday this pain will be useful to you- NO,  quite frankly I have nothing to day but no. I can't remember it because it was bad.

8) 10 Years- NO, HS reunion indie flick- featuring Channing Tatum- it wasn't horrible but I wouldn't waste my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment